Coming home from work last night, I was laden down with my gym bag, my purse, some shopping, and a six pack of Corona (needed to practice for Mexico, ya know).
In front of me walked one of the most handsome guys I have ever seen. Tall, dark, and handsome, piercing green eyes. In a word - yowza! As I ever so gracefully attempted to balance my load, he offered to hold the door open for me (he lives in my building!) and I coquettishly batted my eyes at him. I stepped back and waited for him to finish checking his mail so that I could do the same, and as he stepped back he smiled and said "Corona, hey? Looks like a good idea!"
If this were the movies, I'd have said something along the lines of "Well, you should come up and have one with me!" or "I'm willing to share."
Alas, my friends, this is not the movies. I dropped my keys, almost dropped the beer, and managed to bumble out "Yup, sure is! Best idea I've had all day!" as he walked away (into the condo directly below me! whee!) with an amused grin on his face. I held myself back from bashing my head against the wall in mortification.
It is so very apparent to me that I will never be one of those girls who can effortlessly flirt and charm unsuspecting boys. I guess I'll have to rely on the cuteness that is Bauer. *sigh*
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i'm right there with ya, babe. i have *never* been able to flirt successfully. i end up sounding less like a flirt and more like someone who's out of the home on a day pass. on the rare occasion that i *do* decide to flirt, my speech comes out as if my tongue has switched into mach speed, and the words are nearly unintelligible. not to mention that i get the crazy eye and can't maintain eye contact and probably resemble someone trying to lie their way out the scene of a crime.
i'm a pitiful flirt so i've all but given it up. i've self-relegated myself to a life of solitude save for my dog willie. he doesn't care if i get tongue-tied when i talk to him, and he's a little crazy eyed as well. ;)
The great benefit of him living in your building is that he’s not going anywhere…
I went out with a guy who lived in my building a few times; it happened only because I had the opportunity to charm him over several chance meetings in the mail room and elevator.
Post a Comment