I have been MIA for a few weeks now, I know. But I have been oh-so-busy and just did not feel like sitting in front of a computer AT ALL.
I was off work for a wonderful, if hectic, 18 days….and let me tell you, I am very, very sad to be back.
But, I had a great break. Here are the highlights:
- shopped til I dropped up until Dec 21st – my family and bf were spoiled rotten, most of my bonus was spent on them
- had a great holiday gathering at my place where much booze and fun were had
- was taken to a very fancy dinner and then the ZooLights – all of which was a complete surprise and very romantic
- got my new camera and it has not yet left my side…it’s the shizzle
- cooked a wonderful Christmas dinner for my mom, brother and grandparents (mom’s bf and my younger bro were a no-show – former is a jackass and latter was in Mexico with his gal)
- had Christmas Eve dinner with the man’s family…met some of his extended family and received lovely gifts from all
- spent wayyyy too much money on Boxing Day
- picked up the Bird from the airport and proceeded to drink with her for 5 days straight, and has a GREAT time…I’ve missed her a lot in the last few months of crazy schedules
- managed to find some time for very sporadic workouts…although in the past week, not so much
- turned 27 on Dec 30th…drank entirely ridiculous amounts of shooters, was sick in the bar bathroom, then recovered nicely
- spent the next day on the couch cursing my stupidity
- rang in New Year’s with 2 very good friends, watching my man rock out up on stage…it made me all swoony when, at 5 minutes to midnight, he announced (into the microphone, in front of the entire bar!!) that they had to take a quick break so he could kiss his beautiful girlfriend
- much later that night, decided to make a quick stop on the way home to say hello to a few friends…ended up getting home at 9:00 am….ugh
- FINALLY spent 2 whole days laying on the couch with my man, watching movies and chilling out…the perfect way to end 2 weeks of madness
When all is said and done, it was a fantastic end to a pretty good year.
The reinforced appreciation of my amazing friends and family was enough to bring a tear to my eye on more than one occasion. I fell in love a little bit more each time I saw my guy, and I have many, many memories that I will hold dear to my heart for years to come…and I even have the drunken pictures to prove it!
Happy New Year to you and yours…I hope that your holidays were happy and healthy.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a great vacation! Good friends sex and booze, can't beat it!
I'm looking forward to your photos lady, post away! And happy birthday!
Lois Lane
Post a Comment