Wednesday, December 14, 2005

How to piss me off

I am so mad right now I could cut someone. As long as it’s that certain someone at the store where I bought my new camera.

I got a Christmas bonus last week, and decided, hey, why not treat yourself to a nice new camera? So I do my research, and end up buying from this electronics store in New York. They offer GREAT prices ($200 cheaper than what I could buy it for here) and throw in lots of fun extras (memory cards, camera cases, tripods, etc.) so I really got a steal of a deal.

EXCEPT…on the shipping. I had to pay $60US, which really isn’t that bad cuz I still managed to get the camera cheaper, shipping included, than I would have here, but the thing that really irks me?

I got notification last night that my camera was shipped out, so I was pretty friggin excited, but then, I see that I won’t be getting it until December 20th!!!!! So, I though, let’s check out this UPS website and find exactly what the deal is.

Well, screw me sideways, those little bastards at the camera store really pulled a number on me.



See that bottom option, the Standard service? That’s how they sent it. I paid them $60 for a service that actually only cost them about $15. So now, after being told my camera would be delivered to me 4-5 business days after being ordered, I will not be getting it until next week. That makes me mad. Really mad.

Especially seeing as how I have a lot going on this weekend that I would have liked to have my new camera for…a cocktail party, a trip to the zoo to check out the Christmas lights, and a day of snowboarding on Sunday. And now I’m going to have to use my old camera to record all of the memories. Bah.

Excuse me while I go rip someone a new one…and then go mope.

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

That is a total ripoff. I can't wait to see what develops. (corny, I know)
Lois Lane

Unknown said...

Hey! I'd call the Police and file a report AT the Store and demand a credit in cash or else you'll go to the newspapers. This should reverse that. Like Lois, I'll be back to see ehat happened with these bastards. Sorry you were ripped off. But the story isn't over yet. If they're doing this to you, imagine how many others? Maybe a "Class Action" suit? Worth a mention.