Friday, December 08, 2006

Bah humbug?

It doesn’t seem like Christmas to me. I am normally the girl who parades around with a big dumb grin on my face, humming Christmas carols two weeks before December. My tree is usually up the last week of November, and my shopping is usually at least half done by now.

This year? No gifts purchased. Definite lack of Christmas tune-age. Tree has been up for a week, yet it has yet to be decorated. I haven’t even made a list yet!!

I don’t know what’s wrong with me. The Queen of Christmas has lost her title, and I’m not liking it one bit. It’s freaking me out, and it’s freaking out my family and friends even more, because they usually have to tell me to ease up a bit on the holiday cheer somewhere around December 4th.

So, if any of you have a hidden stash of Christmas cheer, would you do me a favor and send it my way? I’ll even pay for the shipping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think something's going around. I'm feeling all bah-humbuggy, too, and it's pitiful.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could watch a funny Christmas movie to kick start your spirit. Something like...ELF or Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?