Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bring on the New Year


(image borrowed from PostSecret)

Oh, how I wish tomorrow was January 1st instead of December 1st.

I hate life right now. Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm being a whiner, but I really, truly do.

I'm pretty sure that my heart just got broken again. I wish I could share details of the past months, but I just can't. Just know that once again, I think I am going to be forced to pick up the pieces, and boy, does it ever suck.

Sure, this time there wasn't as much time invested, but there sure were a helluva lot more feelings. On both sides. Yet, sometimes, stupid boys just don't know a good thing when it's sitting right fucking in front of them. Therefore, they choose to make incredibly stupid mistakes and leave the best thing behind while they stick with what they know.

I should have listened to my head. (I know damn well I should have listened to you, J!! Next time just beat me over the head, ok? And Woodsman? I guess I lost the December 1st bet, hey? hehe) Alas, I let my heart do the thinking, yet again, and I fell head over heels. Unfortunately, once again, I have ended up landing on my head instead of my heels, and quite frankly, I knew what I was getting into, and should have stopped it long ago. It might work out, it might not, but at this exact moment in time, my walls are slamming up again, and my guard is on full watch, because I need to protect myself. If it means being a cold hard bitch, then so be it.

Apologies for being so cryptic, I wish I could share more details, but it's not really worth it anymore.

On the upside, this weekend is full of corporate Christmas parties! Not only do I get to go to my (open bar!) work party on Saturday (Yes, I said open bar!! Do they not know how much trouble they're getting themselves into?), I get to go as my old roomie's "fake date" on Friday night.

Two full nights of fancy frocks, strappy stillettos, sparkles and wine. I guess life isn't *that* bad after all.

No comments: