I had coffee with the ex today. It was an eye opener to say the least.
As I sat there, I literally found myself wondering what it was that I saw in him while we were together. He talked a lot about himself, was pretty much unable to look me in the eye, and the only time he asked me about myself was when he asked who I went to a movie with last night. The first response that flashed through my mind was "My brother, you idiot, the same person I went to a movie with every Tuesday the whole entire time we were dating" and then "My brother, you idiot, but I had really hot sex with a super hot guy right before that" but I managed to bite my tongue and uttered "My brother" and then rolled my eyes at him, thus implying that he is still an idiot for asking.
We chatted briefly, and I caught him in more than a few lies, as he forgets that I am still in contact with a few of his friends, and he told me the same story that I had heard from them, yet changed the entire thing to put himself in a flattering light. I wondered vaguely to myself...how many times did he do the very same thing to me? How many times did I sit there as he spun yarns for my benefit? Yet, I found myself not caring. Not one bit.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the guy. He's still a great person, and we did have some fun times together, but as I walked away from him, biting my lips to keep the chuckle from escaping, it felt really, really good. Especially because I am in such a happy, amazing place right now.
So, dearest ex, thank you for making me see that when you broke my heart those months ago, it was not the end of my world. It was so far from it. It ended up being one of the best things that has ever happened to me, because if you had not done that, I would not be where I am right now.
I wish you the same happiness. Just not with me.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So good!
Post a Comment