Monday, November 20, 2006

This is the beginning of crappy hair

I went and got my hair cut on Saturday. It was long overdue for two reasons...I have been retardedly busy, and I dyed it myself and didn't want to get in trouble from my hairdresser. You see, I've been going to her for 12 years now, and the few times I've attempted DIY hair color, I always get in trouble. The thing is, I can spend hundreds of dollars getting her to do it for me, and it will fade out in roughly a month because us curly haired girls? Color just don't last for us, ya know?

So instead I choose the $10 box when the mood strikes me, and it lasts much longer, even if they say it's not good for me. Who are 'they', by the way?

Anyways, I digress...the point of this little Monday morning story is that my hairdresser, who has looked after me and halped me look purdy for 12 years, is moving back to Saskatchewan. She's leaving me all alone, entrusting me to find someone else who knows *exactly* how to cut the hairs of a curly-haired-girl-who-wears-her-hair-straight. This is scary to me. Up until the time I met Laurie, I suffered through a lot of bad cuts. And by bad, I mean REALLY bad.

Most stylists tell me to embrace my curls, let them loose, but seriously? I'm not a big fan of the unruly frizzy locks that will only cooperate into so-so curls when laden with a minimum of four different products. I much prefer to whip out the Chi and have straight, shiny locks.

Needless to say, I'm freaking out a little bit, wondering where in the hell I am going to go now to get my hair did. If anyone has any suggestions for a really good hairdresser in Calgary, PLEASE, for the love of gawd, let me know. I need all the help I can get.

I also hope that my hair grows really, really fast in the next 4 weeks so that I can squeeze in one more appointment with the wonderfully fantastic Laurie before she picks up house and moves far, far away.

Hmmm..I wonder if it's feasible to drive to Saskatchewan for a haircut?

1 comment:

Allie said...

no crappy hair, come to atlanta and i'll do your do.


and we can get all products at WHOLESALE, this includes the beloved CHI!!!