The be all end all to a week that has sucked donkey balls (except, of course, for this)?
Kernels popcorn has changed the taste of their dill pickle popcorn. This just cannot be true.
My absolute favorite guilty pleasure is a large bag of dill mixed with ranch...it sued to be called Pickled Cowboy. I allow myself one bag a week, and last week I missed out. I was very excited to treat myself today, the anticipation of it tugged at my taste buds all morning.
I rushed down to the mall at lunch, with my bank card clasped firmly in hand, using elbows and shoulders to push myself through the lunchtime crowds. I placed my order, snatched it greedily from the pimpley-faced teenager, and practically skipped back up to my office.
I closed my door, put my feet up on my desk, and cracked open both my treasured bag o' corn, and this year's issue of People's Sexiest Man, ready to begin my hour of indulgence. When the first piece of popcorn passed through my lips, I knew something wasn't right.
I tried another piece, and things got worse. It doesn't taste the same. It tastes like that cheap, cheap, cheap dill pickle seasoning you can buy at the dollar store.
First my hairdresser, now my popcorn. What the shit?
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment