Monday, June 25, 2007

Around these parts, busy is an understatement

Wow. I kinda forgot about this here blog thing over the past month...

I, as always, have been busier than a one armed paper hanger.
What's that? You wanna know all the exciting things that I've been up to?? OK!! Here we go:

- Working my butt off, trying to keep my head above water and not drown in the piles and piles of paperwork stacked precariously on my desk.

- Refraining from use of Facebook and Blogger at work, due to stern talk from boss (see above: working butt off to move back into boss' good graces)

- Fulfilling bridesmaidsly (yes, I know, not a real word) duties:
- helping maid of honor plan fantastic fundraiser/stagette complete with cooking lessons, silent auction, champagne & belly dancers - event and consequent hangover were both out of this world
- attending showers for bride to be (times 3)
- working on slideshow for wedding
- attending makeup trials and last night's out as a single girl

- taking the pup to Loose Leashes obedience classes...6 weeks of Saturday morning, 11:00 am...this past one was the only one where I was not hungover...he graduated with flying colors as the instructor lightheartedly poked fun at me for being such a lush. Hey, at least I come by it honestly.

- dating. At the beginning of May, around time of last post, probably about a half dozen dates that obviously never went anywhere. I was ready to give up and just coast along for a while...then, as life always works out, something happened. See below.

- spending a fair bit of time with a new boy :O) ...it's been about 3 weeks now, and so far, so good! He's a lot of fun, and for the first time in my life, I feel like I am REALLY ready for this whole relationship thing. I have not really stressed about it at all, it just feels right. I don't doubt much of anything when it comes to him, yet at the same time, I am not rushing into anything, or putting a lot of expectations on it. We're having a great time, and for now, that's all that matters. Also, it's kind of an odd situation...I met him through friends, and I am committing the cardinal sin of (gasp!) having previously fooled around with one of his friends. Nothing ever came of it with said friend, though, was always just a fun hey-let's-hook-up kinda thing, and new boy was fully aware of it before getting involved with me. That being said, we've been a bit hesitant to let others know about what's been going on between us...a wee bit of guilt, I suppose. That will all change this weekend when he accompanies me on an out of town trip with a dozen of my closest friends. It will be our own special kind of "coming out" party. Hehe.

- playing softball. One night a week we pull a double header, and I tell ya...softball is not supposed to be that much of a workout, but when I get home after working all day and heading right to the diamond, I am frigging BEAT. It's all I can do to change out of my sweaty ball clothes before falling into bed.

- Facebooking. Those of you who use it need no explanation.

- Concert-going. Gwen Stefani. The Killers. The Dudes. All fantastic shows with equally fantastic friends.

- Watching my new TV if I ever find myself with a spare second. 50 inches of pure plasma goodness. I swear, when it comes to having the newest gadgets and electronics, I should have a penis.

- Spending time with good friends & family...the summer months are indeed my favorite. Beers on patios, backyard BBQ's, hiking, lakes, camping, outdoorsy stuff in general. It does not get any better than this.

- Wishing that life would slow down, while in reality, I'm hoping that it won't. I may come home at the end of each day exhausted after beers/dog walks/movies/concerts/baseball/shenanigans, but if given the option, I would not change a single thing. These are the memories that I will hold close to my heart. for years & years to come, my life as I build it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well goodness, i wondered if perhaps you'd gone down with the flush...

congratulations on your new, budding relationship and i hope all works out for you as you wish it to!

and keep having fun with your life - sounds like you need an assistant just to keep up with all that FUN!