Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring

Well, it's going to be awfully difficult to regale you with sordid dating tales, mostly due to the fact that my gallbladder is trying ever so hard to have itself removed from my body!

I've been in a lot of pain the past week...and just my luck, my family doc has been on ohlidays for the past two weeks, leaving me at the mercy of the dreaded walk-in clinic. You know that clinic...where they push you through as fast as they can, and you end up with a diagnosis so far-fetched from your original symptoms that you leave shaking your head in confusion? That's pretty much what happened to me...I mean, have you ever had a UTI that causes great pain on your right upper abdomen after you eat? Have you ever had a UTI that makes you feel nauseous when you eat fatty foods? Yeah, didn't think so.

Yet, after a week of blood tests and urine tests and ultrasounds, all the doctor can tell me is that I have a UTI, and that it should be burning when I pee. Trust me, it doesn't. I think I'll be getting a second opinion, thanks.

That being said, I've spent the better part of the past week and half holed up at home, on the couch, with a collection of movies and books. The dog, he's not liking it all that much, either...especially since he's come down with a nice case of kennel cough.

I tell ya...when it rains around these parts, it fucking pours.

No comments: