Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Long weekend round-up

Wildlife we saw on the trip there and back: 1 black bear
about a dozen elk
4 mountain goats
3 deer
a family of quail
a dead skunk

Games of crib played: 3

Games of crib that I won: 1

Games of poker played: 1

Games of poker that I won: 0

Wineries visited: 2 - Mission Hill; Quail's Gate

Bottles of wine purchased : 6
- 2005 Chasselas Pinot Blanc (x2)
- 2005 Gewurztraminer
- 2004 Pinot Noir
- 2002 Late Harvest Vidal
- 2003 Five Vineyard Cab/Merlot

Other wines that we sampled courtesy of the boy's parents: too many to count

Number of runs that we went on: 3

Number of times that I did yoga on the dock: 1

Number of photos that I took: 156 (will post soon!)

Favorite meal of the weekend: lunch at Quail's Gate, with the best seat in the house, on the patio, in the corner, overlooking the lake. Heaven.

Number of shooters that we drank from trays shaped like four leaf clovers at Kelly O'Brien's Irish Pub: 18 - between 3 of us...and they were serving 6 shooters for $14.99!!! you can't expect us to pass that up!

Favorite night: drinking vino around the fire, listening to the boy and his dad singing and playing guitar

Favorite moment: having the boy grab me while sitting around the fire, and huskily whispering into my ear "I'm so happy that you're here with me"

Number of times we were able to sneak away for some shenanigans: 3...shh, don't tell!

Moments of laughter: too many to count

How much I love the boy: after 4 perfect days together, even moreso now than I ever thought I could

How long the rosy afterglow of the weekend lasted once I got to work: approximately 32 minutes

Weeks until we return: too many to count

No comments: