Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Wow. It's been a month since I last wrote. Seems like a few days.
I have lost all sense of time, and I am seriously a fraction away from losing my nut completely.

During the past 7 weeks I have been on fourteen (14!) flights, have spent more nights in hotels than I have in my own bed, and I have packed and re-packed so many times I don't even know why I bother putting things back in the closet.

BUT...there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Looks like I'll be able to do a lot more of my project work based from home (well, Canadian office, anyways), which means I can spend nights at home, finally finishing unpacking from my move...that occurred at the end of March. I can live from my closet instead of a suitcase. I can spend time with my kitten who will not even come near me unless it's to bite my leg to prove how much she hates me. I can spend time with my friends, who I literally have not seen in weeks and weeks. Sometimes I wonder if they even remember that I exist and what I look like (nothing's changed! I love you all! Miss you horribly! Don't forget about me! And most importantly, save me a place on the patio at the Ship!).

The rollercoaster is far from over, and the stress levels are reaching fever pitch for everyone, but being able to be in MY city makes things that much more bearable. Still...it doesn't take away those moments when I want to pull out my hair and run screaming into the night. I feel so miserably out of touch from my life. Yet, coming home to a nice glass of merlot, my boy, and my OWN bed sure puts it all into perspective.

6 more weeks to go, 6 more weeks to go...

No comments: