What a whirlwind of a weekend! The wedding was wonderful! Very stress-free, lots of fun had by all, good friends, good times. I took about 480 pictures, although not many of the actual night itself, more of the prep and whatnot. It’s hard to have a camera strapped to your shoulder when you’re wearing a floor length, triple-skirted, dusty rose ball gown. I was on my best behavior (drunkenness excluded) and slept in my own room with my friends, no hanky panky was had – at least not by me!
The trip back to the city was only 45 minutes, but driving in blinding sun with a hangover is NOT. FUN. AT. ALL.
Sunday was all about eating and watching the Oscars with two of my favorite girlies, who have since both returned to their homes far, far away from me. *sniff, sniff*
Monday and Tuesday consisted of being at home sick, chilling out with my pup…a much needed break after the hectic craziness of the past few weeks.
Last night I managed to write to Greener Pastures explaining my disappearing act. I was honest and straightforward, explaining that things had just moved too quickly for my liking. It’s not normal to speak of meeting one’s mother & next Christmas & living together after only four (4!) days of knowing one another. At least, it’s not normal in my books. (It’s not normal, right? Do these things really happen?)
I know I sounded like an ungrateful beeyotch in my last post, but his eagerness to plan our lives together? It was seriously on the verge of being a little bit scary.
He texted this morning saying thanks for being honest, it meant a lot, and that he had sent a reply, but I have yet to receive it. I’m not sure what it is that I want him to say, because he is truly an amazing person and really genuine, I’m just worried that my feelings won’t revert back to the initial giddiness. If nothing else, I’d love if we became really good friends, because we really did hit it off on so many different levels. Anyways, nothing else I can do, so for now I’ll consider it in the past. Life is too short for regrets.
I also had a lot of time to think in the past few days of being on the couch…and I have finally dealt with any issues that were remaining from my last ‘relationship’. I thought about how lame it is for me to hang on to something that will never happen, and to someone who treated me with that cold-hearted attitude. Why bother wasting time on someone who did not waste any time on me? I think seeing him on Thursday night at a concert…with his dad…AND his girlfriend…made me come to terms with the reality of the situation. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders.
In other news, I’m going on two dates this week. Coffee on Thursday and dinner on Friday. They both seem like really nice guys, a lot of fun, and meeting new people is always great, however it turns out. We’ll just keep the serious talk to a minimum this time around.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I always enjoyed first dates.
I'd like to hear more about where you meet all these men worth dating?!
Oh, and where did you get Bauer? Lee and I are looking into getting a dog and I was wondering if you had any advice to offer (email me if you like).
And now for something completely different.. The shoes you liked are from Payless. I only hope they bring you the joy that they have brought me.
Post a Comment