Friday, February 16, 2007

This willpower will self destruct

I was asked by a very dear friend to be one of her bridesmaids at her wedding this month, and all of a sudden, it's here! One week tomorrow, they will Mr. & Mrs. Crazy Eyes.

It's going to be an awesome wedding...the planning has come along wonderfully in such a short time (they only got engaged in October!). We had her shower/stagette last weekend, and now all that's left is the last minute details.

I picked up my dress yesterday, it fits perfect. It freaking well should, considering the fact that I paid almost the same price for the alterations that I did for the dress...but that's a whole other story.

The bride & groom to-be have asked me to do the slideshow for the reception. I was honored. Only thing is, I am a huge procrastinator, and I kinda sorta haven't really done much yet. So basically, I have to use my entire long weekend to get this thing completed. Good thing I work best under pressure.

Also, I had BIG fantastical plans to hook up with my groomsman. He's tall, dark and handsome, and he's good with handcuffs. (Get your minds out of the gutter, he's a cop!) We've, um, hooked up, for lack of better wording, a few times before, and it's been a running joke with the bridal party that we'd fulfill the whole sleep-with-the-bridesmaid/groomsman fantasy.

Only thing is, I really like this new guy. Really, really like him...and although it's only been a week and we haven't really had the exclusive talk yet, I just know that it's coming. Not to mention that I couldn't do that to him, he's such a sweetheart and a truly amazing person. I can really see this going somewhere, so it's totally not worth it to ruin it over something so stupid.

Next weekend should be pretty comical...I'm pretty sure that Hot Groomsman thinks that he and I are a sure thing, and once the booze starts flowing, it could get bad.

Just to be safe, I've made my old roommate cancel his room and bunk with me, because I know too well how my willpower reacts when gin and men in uniform are involved.

No comments: