Thursday, April 17, 2008

Love/Hate

I love that one day I will be over you, yet hate that thinking of it makes me so unbearably empty.

I hate that the mere thought of you can bring tears to my eyes, yet love that sometimes those same thoughts make me want to punch you, hard, right in the throat.

I love that you are jealous at the thought of me going on a date with someone new, yet hate the fact that me knowing that will ruin the chances of anyone new.

I hate that you will not leave me alone like I've asked of you, yet love that you disregard my wishes.

I love that most of the time that I can ignore your calls and texts, yet hate the fact that sometimes I still cave and answer, just so I can hear your voice.

I hate that I let myself fall for it over and over again, yet love the fact that each time I do, I get a little bit stronger.

I love that for a few hours, things were as they used to be, yet hate how empty I felt inside after you were gone.

I hate that you know my thoughts so fucking well, yet love it that you will call me on them when I'm lying.

I love that you texted me to tell me you were there safe and to enjoy my weekend, yet hate that I am now reminded that you're across the country with a bunch of single guys.

I hate that you have this hold over me, yet love that I have a similar hold over you.

I love the way that you make me feel so beautiful, yet hate it at the very same time.

I hate that you can't give me your heart, yet love that, after everything, I am still able to give you mine.

I love that we have that special song, yet hate that now I have to turn it off as soon as I hear it.

I hate that we met at a time when you were so emotionally stunted and unavailable, yet love that we got to share that time together.

I love that you tried so hard to make it work, yet hate that ultimately, it didn't.

I hate my moments of weakness, yet love my moments of strength.

I love that I am still in love, yet hate the fact that it's with you.

11 comments:

Sizzle said...

I have so been there. It's such a see-saw. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for singing my life with your song. It helps.

Anonymous said...

I love how you love life, smile often and keep your heart tender, yet I hate it when you hurt.
I hope you heal well and that your upbeat spirit continues to shine.

Rachel H. said...

I like the Love / Hate Moments too...There is always so much of that! Hope things start getting better, it sounds like things may be kind of tough right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm right here with you. It's the best and worst feeling at the same time. You captured it well.

Anonymous said...

Remember: Love him or Hate him- just don't Murder him until you have a complete plan of how to dispose of the body and account for your whereabouts that will stick- the trail will lead right back to you. (or so I've learned by watching all these Law & Detective shows)

Sister Copinherhair said...

Oh boy! Do I ever understand all of those sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heart-broken Woman- Post already! How can the rest of us totally relate, amuse or Mislead you if you don't post?

megabrooke said...

this? was amazing. you captured so well what i think everyone?, at some point has experienced after a breakup or ending of a relationship.

hope there are some easier days ahead for you...

thanks for stopping by my digs, btw! looking forward to reading more of you- seems like we frequent a lot of the same blogs!

Anonymous said...

I could have written this last year. You did it so beautifully. It will get better!

Anonymous said...

I just tried to email you back about a new blog...the email wouldn't go through, so, this is me. :)