Last week, I did something that I've never done before. I met one of my blogging friends.
As I sat on the bench outside of the pub, I remember thinking to myself "This is crazy. You HATE small talk. What the F you going to talk about for the next hour?"
Ends up that all of my worries were unnecessary. Five minutes after shaking hands, we were talking of ex-boyfriends, husbands, and our dogs...after having read a few years of history, it just felt natural. Two pints, many laughs, and a goodbye hug later, I was so very glad that my nerves hadn't let me cancel.
As far as 'blind dates' go, I'd have to say this was one of the very best I'd ever been on, because out of this one came a new friend. Thank you, Tara. Can't wait to do it again soon!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Meeting fellow bloggers is awesome- it often feels like you just talked to them because you get to read about their lives, etc. day to day. :)
That sounds like so much fun...I would love to meet a fellow blogger sometime. I don't know of any that live in Athens though. Maybe I'll find some!
Isn't it the best? Bloggers make the best friends. Almost all my "real life" friends have been met online.
Meeting bloggy friends is awesome.
Post a Comment