Friday, September 09, 2005

Sick and TIRED

It’s cold and rainy in my fair city today. It makes me want to crawl home and curl up on the couch with a blanket, some movies, my animals and my boy.

But alas, here I am, at work, wishing I were anywhere but here. The week has been draining at best. Work has been nuts, and I am so far behind I do not know if I will ever see the light of day again. I have been the referee in an ongoing argument between my mother and her mother, and it is starting to stress me out beyond belief. I am the child in this situation, yet I am suddenly the voice of reason trying to make things work so we can all go back to being a family. No more of this family divided, I feel like we’re going through another divorce. It’s getting to be way too much for me to handle, and I finally put my foot down last night and told them that they have to solve this now, so that we can all see each other again as a group, and not have to listen to this “she said, she said” bullshit any longer.

It’s bad enough that work has been so stressful for me lately, I do not need to deal with this on top of it all. If it was about something major, then maybe it would be different, but they are both just being stubborn and immature. It better get fixed soon or neither one of them will be talking to me at all.

Anyways, I am tired, overworked, stressed and sad. The only thing making me happy right now is the thought of going home and chilling out. I’m shutting my phone off in case they decide to call and jabber at me some more. I’m going to have some wine, watch some movies, and decompress.

And then tomorrow I get to see some friends who I have been sorely missing, as we’ve all been out of town back and forth for the last month. I miss them a lot, and it’s going to be very nice to spend time with them and just be us. Right now, I need the escape and their friendship more than I think I know.

Anyways, no rest for the wicked – I must get back at it. big sigh

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Here's to hoping your weekend kicks you week's ass! :)
Lois Lane

Lois Lane said...

And how are things going now little lady?
Lois Lane