Monday, November 21, 2005

Roger's can kiss my ass

Rogers Wireless has got to be the stupidest cell phone company of all time.

My phone bill is due on the 17th of each month. I sent in a payment, via online banking, on the 16th. They call me on Thursday night, the 17th, to let me know they haven’t received my payment yet. Uh, yeah…..it was only due today. “Well, you know, online banking payments can take up to 5 days to reach us.”

Ok, then…why don’t you wait the 5 days and then call me if you still haven’t received my payment? Wouldn’t that make more sense? Seriously. F*ck.

So THEN….after having an irate conversation with the Roger’s employee on Thursday night, I go to use my phone Friday night at around 9/10 o’clock, and guess what? The frigging thing has been shut off. SHUT OFF. I was livid. It’s a good thing my phone wasn’t working when I was hammered at the bar on Friday night, or those ‘customer service reps’ at Roger’s would have gotten an earful and then some for their stupidity.

Anyone who tried to call me would have thought that I was just being rude and not answering my phone, cuz it was ringing like normal and then going to voicemail. But my phone was not registering any calls, and then, if someone left a message for me, that didn’t show up either. And it wasn’t fixed until sometime Saturday evening.

It’s not enough that I’ve had problem after problem with text messages and not receiving them, but now this? I was under the impression that most companies won’t bother you for payment until after, say, the usual 30 day period. But nope, not Roger’s. Those go-getters like to start harassing you on your due date, just so you don’t forget.

I’ve been with them, with the same cell number, for 10 years. TEN. YEARS. And they have only just started calling me to bug me. When I’ve never been late with a payment. WTF? If it happens once more, I’m canceling my contract. They can bite me.

No comments: