Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cupid can suck it

I am normally the most happy-go-lucky person you'll find. I always have a big grin on my face, am quick to laugh, and am in love with life in general.

Today however? I'm trying. I'm wearing red, I ate cinnamon hearts for breakfast (which seems to be a theme), and even though it's through clenched teeth, I'm still smiling. This holiday, with it's hearts and flowers and chocolates and love and mushiness and schmoopiness? Can suck it. HARD.

I never thought I'd be that person, that anti-Heart Day kinda girl...but being recently single and having to deal with this all day is just not my idea of fun.

I am bah-humbugging Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm with you hun. I intend to eat Indian food for lunch, work late, go to the gym, and go home. Unfortunately, I live next to a handful of upscale restaurants, meaning my walk home is in severe need of blinders. And I left my hoodie at home. Rock.

tiff said...

I didn't wear red, haven't had any candy, and I haven't smiled much and I don't do schmoopy. But I have listened to Outkast's Happy Valentimes day a couple of times :)

Hang in there girlie, it will be the 15th before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Things could have worse,love. You could have done what I did, which was drag a Herion addict in full withdrawal out of Bronx Central Booking, with him vomiting all over himself, the stretcher & the floor. Did I mention he also has the Virus?

It was truely a day for Hearts and Flowers as I spent the next Hour cleaning,changing my clothes and getting back out there.

jo said...

there's something bout valentine's day that makes me totally unable to wear red (black is my theme. the darker the better.) and be all bout flowers and chocs and happy stuff.