Friday, February 08, 2008

I wish...

To follow the trend of a few other bloggers ...

I wish…

- that it wasn’t blustery and cold outside. -32C with the windchill. Are you F-ing kidding me?

- that it was me in that Visa commercial where they shut the fridge and the balance magically becomes $0

- for a size 9 pair of these

- that, like you said this morning, we actually HAD met each other five minutes later

- that you would deal with your past so that you can more clearly see your future

- that it was me you were fighting for

- that you would just be completely honest with me...you are still holding out hope
for your past, it doesn’t take much to see that

- that it hadn’t taken ME this long to see it

- for the strength it’s going to take to walk away from this so that you can deal with it, alone, once and for all

- that you will realize what a good thing you’ve got going on…before it’s too late

- that I hadn’t made this so easy for you

- that you had never, ever told me that you loved me

- that it was always (and only) me that you think about

- for a relationship that does not bring me grief

- for a dog that actually listens when his mother gives him frigging orders

- that it was easier to not smoke…especially during times such as this

- for a nice, big, full glass of Malbec…hell, just give me the whole damn bottle

- that I woke up every morning excited to head to the office

- for straight hair and a toned ass

- for the clarity to realize that the nice guys ARE the ones that I should be going for...the less baggage, the better

- to not be second place to anyone

- that life was just fucking easy for once, dammit!!

- more than anything, that in the end, I am the one who ends up with your heart

11 comments:

Tara said...

This pains me. Hang in there ok?

Anonymous said...

I understand this so well. I've been there. It's hard to walk away, and know that you'll come out stronger for it.

If you need a friend or an ear, just let me know. I know I'm relatively new but I've been there. Still am, kind of.

Anonymous said...

As any Doctor or paramedic will tell you, the best way to a Man's heart is still through the ribcage! Perhaps bonking him in the head and telling him outright will do it.

brandy said...

"- for a relationship that does not bring me grief"

You and me both sister.

pink jellybaby said...

Once you walk away, you'll find that you're stronger than you thought xx

Anonymous said...

This is a great list... I think you'll be just fine.

Hey look! There's ME, right there in your sidebar!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish the weather sucked slightly less for sure. How am I supposed to make it to our laundry room (That's in the next building) if it's raining and yucky and all around makes me want to cry?!

Those shoes made me shed a tear or two.
I wish for a relationship that doesn't bring you as much pain as this one. You deserve that.

Anonymous said...

A Good Man or a god pair of Shoes...HHMMMM

Anonymous said...

just get knocked up - that'll get his attention
ha

Miss Pickle said...

Tara - Thank you. I'm getting there!

distractedspunk - It's damn hard. So glad it was my choice, even though it doesn't make it any easier.
I may just take you up on your offer for an ear...those of us who are still dealing seem to understand it so much better!

wildbill - Bonking him in the head...sounds like fun, although I fear he'd still be a douchebag afterwards!
Also...shoes, all the way. ;O)

brandy - Seriously. Does it ever get better?

pinkjellybaby - The further I get, the stronger I become!

yummysushi - Thank you, I know I will be! It is you on my sidebar. I'm new to you, too, but love your site so far!

thestoryofagirl - I just want sunshine...is that too much to ask?
Those shoes...I must find them close to me. ASAP.
I do deserve it. Thank you.

anon - Not quite my style, but I got a good giggle imagining it

jo said...

i'm totally with you on the second last one. i really really really want life to be easy just for once dammit!