Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The vent before the storm

Sometimes, it's better to vent BEFORE the actual conversation. Without further ado...


Spoke with some mutual acquaintances today. I felt like quite the idiot when, asked how everything was going, I told them that I thought things were going pretty good and that we'd been spending quite a bit of time together....imagine my surprise to hear that word on the street is that you're not really spending any time with me. I feel like a fool. I don't care to be anyone's secret, and thought we'd gotten past that this time, but looks like I was wrong. Again. I thought, based on our conversations over the past week, that this is what you wanted. One thing I do know is that I will NOT be your "Oh, that chick? I'm just banging her" girl. In my world, people don't talk like that, especially not about someone that they've told is "the best thing in my life." If coming across as the big man in front of your buddies is more important than sharing your happiness, then I'm thinking that this is most definitely not the game for you, pal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

forget venting before you let him have it - tell that focker to e@t shit and die!!!

jo said...

what the heck is going on???

Anonymous said...

Don't let Anyone use you as a Doormat!

Unknown said...

Ughh. You deserve better. But you already know that.

Rachel H. said...

I always vent usually via my blog before the actual conversation...It's definitely a necessity or else you say things that you don't necessarily mean.

T said...

You know, it's really important to feel significant, in your significant other's life.

Venting is good. I know it helps me realize exactly what I want to say, and exactly how I feel about something. There's nothing nasty or regrettable in your venting, so I'm sure you were okay in your conversation with him.

I hope you really let him have it, because you deserve to be with someone who wants to be with you so much, that he wants everyone to know it, and shouts it from the rooftops.


On a different note, I also hope you really and truly do want to go see Avril Lavigne with me, because we need to have coffee this weekend and plot how we shall do that to have the maximum amount of fun. Excitement is really starting to bubble about this. Email me so we can exchange details! :)