I am happy to report that Valentine’s Day came and went without too much heartache, even though I was Whiney McDramaton about the whole damn day. Sheesh. Someone needs to get laid, no?
At any rate, things are starting to look up. I feel like I am finally starting the upwards trek out of this damn hole I seem to have fallen in. The past six weeks have been absolutely miserable, and I hated every second of it as I am not a down-in-the-dumps kinda person.
Work sucked. My dog was a little douche. My bank account was non-existent. Boys sucked harder. My family hated one another. The weather was damn near suicidal. My creativity had gone AWOL (which still seem to be the case, so I apologize for the blandness of this jumble of words).
I’m not sure what caused me to shake the ol’ head and dig out my happy pants once again, but I am not questioning it in the least. Whatever it was, I heart it. A lot.
Work - once again tolerable…not fun and exciting, but something I can handle without wanting to hurl staplers at the heads of my co-workers.
Dog - still a wee douche, but after a nice bath and a new bone, even he seems to be a little bit more agreeable.
Bank account – not going to change anytime soon. So let’s not mention it for a while,m’kay?
Boys – Substantial efforts being made by the opposing team. Conversations have been plentiful and good and mature and honest. Smiles have been reported. Maybe some cuddling as well….but that’s just what I’ve heard.
Family – ugh. Dinner is planned for tomorrow. Pray that the Sunday morning headlines do not have detailed accounts of wine-fueled brawls.
Weather – Sunny. Warm. The faint scent of spring is floating on the breeze.
Creativity – It’s getting there. I’m hoping that a little list writing and some picture taking helps it out.
That old saying of you have to hit rock bottom before you can claw your way out…I never thought it to be correct, but am seeing the truth in it more and more each day. That funky, foul, dingy haze that I’ve been stomping around in since the holidays? It’s lifting. Finally. That alone is enough to make a girl flash her pearly whites.
Enjoy your weekends, kids. I know plan on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay You!
I'm so glad things are starting to look up for you. Maybe you could pass some of that my way? Just sayin'...;-)
Post a Comment