I was reading my daily blog fixes yesterday and came across Stephanie Klein's fantastic post about eating pasta. (I'll wait while you have a quick gander...)
First off, her writing style is phenomenal...I very rarely read her post without having some deep thoughts of my own. Something about the way she expresses herself just hits me right in the solarplexus - so descriptive, so thoughtful, so heartfelt.
I guess when it comes down to it, everyone is looking for someone to share that special feeling with someone, and like SK says, my friends bring me the greatest joy in my life, but they just can't make me all twitterpated like that special someone does.
Now, that does not take away from the importance of friends at all...I know that my true friends will never leave me. Sure, they might not like me at times, but I know that when it comes down to it, they will be there for me whenever I need them, to help me pick myself up and brush myself off. And they know that I will be there to do the same for them.
But wouldn't it be wonderful if on your way to meet your friends for drinks, you got that butterflies-in-your-tummy feeling? If getting a secret glance from them was all it took to make me look coyly up at them through my lashes?
Now I know that it won't ever happen, but if the people that are always true in your life (in a non-romantic way) could bring that *special* feeling, wouldn't life be so much easier?
I don't even know where I'm headed with this anymore...I had it all thought out in my head, but when I went to write it down, all of my words escaped me.
So I'll just leave it to SK, who says it better than I ever could.
Friday, August 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment