Monday, August 08, 2005

Runaway train

This summer is going by way too fast for my liking.....it's already nearly the middle of August.
Where has it all gone? It's been crazy busy, lots of little weekend getaways, fun times with friends, unbelievable memories.

But it's slipping away too fast for me to grab onto it and be able to enjoy those last few minutes. The sunshine and greenness is slipping right through my fingers, and it's starting to make me a little sad. Someone said to me last week that Christmas is only 4 months away...uh, thanks, not really something I wanted to acknowledge, even though it is my favorite time of year.

I want it to be summer for just a little bit longer, but my hectic schedule is really impeding that. For the next (almost) 2 weeks, I'm on the road. A week in Van with 2 of my favorite ladies, but I know that the time spent with them will, sadly, flash by just as quickly, no matter how much trouble we get into. Then on the good ol' southern US of A for 5 days....sure, a few days of it will be a nice vacation with sightseeing and shopping and visiting old colleagues, but then 2 days worth of meetings will completely negate any relaxation I may have taken part in.

I seriously thought my life would start to slow down a bit, but it just seems to keep on gaining speed as it zooms down the track. I'm getting a lot of great opportunities, and learning a lot about myself, but I need to slow it down before I get involved in a head on collision.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not meaning to be deliberately negative about anything, it's just that sometimes life is much more enjoyable when it's experienced at a slow, lazy pace.

Point of the matter is...I need to find a way to step on the brakes a little bit and take the time to chill, no matter what else gets sacrificed as a result.

2 comments:

Allie said...

well, welcome to the south - and slow it down while you're here ... cause that's how we roll. get a sweet tea or a mint julep and sit a spell on someone's veranda and just enjoy.

Unknown said...

Hi, Lois sent me and YES I agree with you 100% about Summer flying by. I'm looking for ways to extend it. Stop by for a visit anytime. Great site!