Today is my 5 year anniversary…with my job. It’s been pretty good…I’ve been climbing from my original position, the money is a lot better now, the perks are definitely worth all the stress and overtime hours.
But the biggest payoff by far of this job of mine?
All of the friends that I’ve met through it. Some are co-workers, beside me day in and day out; some are friends that I’ve met through my co-workers (boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.)
So today, I dedicate this post to the following friends that I’ve met in the past 5 years of my life, those who I may not have met had I not taken this job.
First off, to my 3 Musketeers…my drinking buddies, my shoulders to cry on. I am so glad that we are all finally happy at the same time. You all mean the world to me, and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for being a part of the friendship that we’ve formed over the years. Let’s go for a run. ;O)
- To J, who I have known for not quite 5 years, yet who has become one of my closest and dearest friends. She who is so much like me in every aspect of life - from likes, dislikes, sense of humor, fears, insecurities, pretty much everything. We did not grow up together, but I still feel closer to her than most people who have been in my life for years. We’ve been there for each other through a lot in a very short time, and my life would not be whole without her in it.
- To C, who when she very first started, used to drive to work with me, and we would sing Backstreet Boys songs at the top of our lungs. She’s been there for me when I’ve needed a shoulder to cry on, and her advice has always been the bluntest I’ve ever known, but rarely is she wrong. She can always make me laugh, and her joy for life is a force to be reckoned with.
- To T, who has also been there for me whenever I’ve needed him. We could always hang out and have a good time, no matter what we were doing or who we were with. I know that if I called you and needed something, you’d be there for me at the drop of a hat. Things between us have not always been of a purely platonic nature, but as a result, I now see how strong our friendship is, knowing that we were able to move on and still be a big part of each others lives.
************************************
- To JJ, who is quite possibly the most eccentric person I know, yet the fact that she is makes me love her even more. We’ve both grown a lot since we’ve met, and even though we were not particularly close at the beginning, I would now not know what to do without our daily e-mail chats. Her quick wit and off the wall sense of humor brightens my day, her bravery is something I admire more than she knows, and her fierce loyalty makes me respect her as a lifelong friend.
- To K, who has been a role model to me and continues to be so every day I see him. His caustic wit meshes so perfectly with my own, and his undying devotion to his family makes him one of the men that I respect most in my life. Our e-mail banter on lazy afternoons keeps me on my toes, rolling on the floor with laughter at the same time.
And his excitement for life is refreshing to say the least.
- To J, who has been a mentor and has helped me shape my career (even though it may not be in the direction I had originally planned to go, but it will do for now). Even though he can be a pain in my ass, I know he means well at all times, and I know that he would have my back in any situation. His stupid (and I mean stupid) sense of humor is one of the reasons that we get along so well, even though most others would find it rude and inappropriate.
- To B, who although I’ve only known for a few short months, I can see our friendship growing stronger with each day. Working with you is a breeze – our daily tea breaks and our pow-wows in my office are just the relief we need in our hectic days. Now if only we get a chance to watch “Rick” on SNL, then we can have something to laugh our asses off come Monday morning.
- To L, who is my surrogate mom, always making sure that I am taking care of myself and eating right. I love that our personalities are so much the same, that we can sit and poke fun and totally understand one another. Your work ethic and organization has ingrained itself in me, even though you may not see it yet. It will come. ;O)
- To A, who has introduced me to my new favorite past-time. Your patience and direction has brought me down a path that I know I will stick to for the rest of my life. Namaste.
- To S, who I met through JJ…you are my crazy bitch, who I know will come and wreak havoc with me any day or night. Your joie de vivre has always been something that I strive to achieve myself, and I cannot imagine a minute spent with you where I am not laughing. Although your tendency to ditch on plans at the very last minute can get old quickly, I’ll let you get away with it as you played Cupid for me when I thought all hope was lost.
- That being said, to C, who I would not have met had I not met JJ and S in succession. Your devotion to us, and your willingness to make me a part of your life in every single aspect, means the world to me. I have finally learned how to trust again, something that I never thought I’d be able to do. I very much doubted finding myself in love again, yet you have proven me wrong yet again. As you always say “We are lucky.”
So I guess, when it all comes down to it, even though I moan and groan each day when the alarm goes off, I really do enjoy my work in some form or another. It means even more to me know, after taking a few moments to reflect on the people that are now in my life as a result. I hope that my words at least manage to shed a little bit of light on how much you all mean to me.
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, so many great anniversaries to celebrate! Lucky you. :)
Have a great weekend and happy anniversaries.
Lois Lane
Post a Comment