Hey Lois!! I sure wish you had asked for our most embarrassing stories this week instead of last! This one is a doozy!!
So, I'm at work today. My boss' boss' boss (make sense?) is in town from down South....and he's got his boss with him. My group is scheduled to have a meeting with them at 4:00 pm, the last one of the day. No big deal, really...I sure would have liked to have gone home on time today, but staying an hour later isn't the end of the world, right?
For it to be the end of the world, you had to be ME. Right before the meeting was about to start, I had to run to the bathroom. I've started back on my healthy kick and had been drinking huge quantities water all day, so it naturally calls for a few more pee breaks than usual. So off I dash, make it to the meeting just in time. We all sit around the table, have a good chat, go through a few things, then I have to get up to show them a map, blah, blah, blah...I notice one of the other ladies giving me a weird look, but when I'm speaking in public I always think people are looking at me funny. I have an inner dialogue with myself...."Is there something on my face? Am I talking too fast?"
NO. NO. NO. Oh, no. That would be far too easy.
Instead, I get to have my fly open. And ladies, if any of you out there wax, you'll know that the first few days afterwards can be kind of tender. In that post-wax time period, I normally try to forego wearing anything between my pants and myself. This happened to be one of those days. Ya dig?
There I am, in front of 3 of the most senior people in my department, along with my whole group, AND I WAS FLASHING THEM MY COOCHIE. OMG.
I. WAS. MORTIFIED. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't flashing them totally, I think that it was just the zipper down (I'd have felt the breeze, right?!?!?). But, the chance was still there. Hey, if I get a promotion anytime in the near future, I'll know why.
C told me it made his day, and I didn't mind one bit that he laughed at me for a good 5 minutes. His words were "Well, at least you had underwear on, right?" When I didn't answer right away, he was laughing so hard I thought he was going to hyperventilate.
It's funny now...I am giggling as I write this. And it brought a smile to both my mom and C's face on a day when they both needed it badly. Ah, good times.
Ok, you can laugh now, too. Hopefully it brightens your day as well.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Health kick: Better lifestyle
Waxing coochie: Better sex life
Showing off the goods to the big wigs (pun intended): Priceless!
Ahhhh! Thanks for the laugh! I sure hope you do get a raise from that little mishap. :)
Lois Lane
how hysterical. hahahahhahahaha. sounds like something that would happen to me!
Post a Comment