Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You are not the greatest

[begin rant]

Excuse me for my snippiness, I just get very frustrated with everything sometimes. I guess it's mainly my own fault, as I am the one that sacrifices so much and then gets angry when I don't get the same in return. I always make time for you, even if it means rearranging my own plans. But I feel a lot of the time I am put last, and you confirmed it to me today. Sure, you said that you don't mean to put me last, but it still happens, regardless of your intent. I know that you have many other commitments and things that are very important to you, but so do I. I know that we do get to see each other quite oftenÂ…but to me, a quick 10 minute coffee break in the morning is not really what I qualify as *quality* timeÂ…especially when most of the time, everything focuses around you - who's bugging you at work, what you have to do, how busy your week is, how stressed you are. You sometimes think to ask me about mine, but most of the time I sit there like the good little gal that I am and sympathize with you, try to help you through your dilemmas, make everything right in your world.

But then I sit back and think to myselfÂ…when was the last time you made me lunch? Or picked me up and driven me to work? Or shown up at my place with a bottle of wine and a smile to try and cheer me up? I can't even vaguely remember the last time I called you to vent and the conversation didn't turn itself around to focus around your issues.

I know that we're in a partnership, and that part of what I am supposed to do is care for you, listen to you, take care of youÂ…but lately I am finding it very one-sided, and at this point in my life I am so GOD DAMNED sick and tired of looking after everyone else, cleaning up after everyone else, listening to everyone else, helping everyone else out. I mean, sure, everyone has to have their selfish side, but heyÂ…*NEWSFLASH*Â…the world does not revolve around you, and others in this world are not here to merely worship your existence. I'm not asking for complete and utter adoration 24 hours a day, but a little bit does go a long way. Don't forget - I really do mean it when I say that the little things count.

So sugar, please, please, !!please!! do us both a favor and take off of your I-am-the-greatest cape and think about me for a split second. I love you dearly, and you know that. Maybe you know that all too well, but stop taking advantage of it. I'll only be taken for granted for so long before I throw it back in your face. It's best to be wise and stop it before that happens.

[end rant]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need some appreciation. I've found that a big Crave cupcake helps me appreciate myself when the boy cannot.

Allie said...

appreciation is a good thing...i appreciate you - does that help?

Miss Pickle said...

Kristin - thanks so much. I am headed to Crave right after work. I'm drooling a bit just thinking about it!

Allie - yes, it does help! You're a doll!