Tuesday, August 01, 2006

KY & Traffic Fines

I woke up this morning in a great mood. It's August 1st, July is now behind me...this is the month of summer vacation, lots of fun times to look forawrd to.

July was a motherf**ker. I found out that our company is being sold, and that our job security is up in the air until they determine who the buyer is going to be. So, after three weeks of having absolutely no motivation, bumbling through the days, August has arrived, I get two weeks of vacation, and things are starting to look up.

Ha.

This morning, as I was rushing to get to my 10: 30 doctor's appointment, I got pulled over for speeding. Thirty kilometres over the speed limit. A speed which, on Deerfoot (our city's major thoroughfare), is quite the norm when driving in the fast lane.

Yet, this morning, already ten mintues late for my appointment, I looked in the rear view and saw the flashing blue and red. I freaked out. If you can believe it, this is my first time being pulled over in nearly twelve years of driving!! The cop was really nice though, and let me off with a ticket and a stern warning to slow it down.

Making things even worse, the appointment I was late for was my yearly check-up. All the ladies out there, you now what I'm getting at, right? An unpleasant situation at the best of times.

Well, it's even more unpleasant when you end up paying $177 for a cold speculum. Trust me.

No comments: