You know those friends, the ones that know both of you? In situations like this, they call or write asking you how things went when you had to go and pick up your shit the night before. Then, when you tell them, they don't even bother to answer you, to see if you're OK. They only want to get the scoop so that they can run back to the rest of the gang, or to your ex, to tell them how badly you're dealing with it, so that you look like a complete fool. They don't care that at least one person is in genuine pain, and that the emotions surrounding this are brutal for both of you. They only take pleasure in being the one that tells everyone how much of a wreck one of us is. You know those "friends", right? Yeah, apparently, so do I.
I'm so done with that shit. So. Done.
I only hope that the people that hear about it from them aren't taking it to heart...and really, if they are, I guess I just don't need them in my life anyways.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
There is no shame in telling people your honest feelings. That is genuine...if someone you have confided in uses that information to try and cause you pain or humiliation...in effect, they will be seen as what they are...socially insecure and in desperate need of putting others down to lift themselves up. You shouldn't be upset with them...you should pity them.
Post a Comment