Monday, September 04, 2006

Bitter sweet

I spent yesterday afternoon at a BBQ with some friends. It was awesome...we had great food, lots of wine, fantastic conversations. It ws one of those nights that you just want to hang onto for a little bit longer, sad when it's over.

The bitter sweet part of it was that it was with his friends. I mean, they're my friends also, or I wouldn't have been there, but I would not have met them if not for him. It was hard to be there, at his best friend's place, without him. Even harder were the conversations that focused on our situation.

I heard so many good things...before me, they'd never seen him with a girl before that he obviously loved so much, he's an idiot for letting me go, I was so good for him, we were so good together, blah, blah, blah.

And it broke my heart even more knowing that his friends see it that way as well. What the fuck is his problem if HE can't see it?

I'm sad.

No comments: