Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Heart Day

Ah, Valentine's Day....the day of romance, candy, kisses and love.

Gag!!

This is my first V-Day in.....oh, 10 years or so, without a boyfriend. Now, I'm enjoying my single life, don't get me wrong, but on days like this I wish I had someone to go home and cuddle with. Not such a strong, independent woman now, am I?

But seriously...I had an eye opening conversation with a good friend on Saturday afternoon about a certain guy in my life that I may just be totally wrong about. He may just be the perfect one for me, and for whatever reason that scares the crap outta me, and I am running in the other direction. When I should really be running to him....or at least slowly strolling in his direction.

I thought about this all weekend...and I still don't know what it is that I want, but I'm really starting to realize just how much he means to me. I'm very good at putting thoughts out of my head when I don't want to deal with them, and that is just what I have been doing. Avoiding the obvious for reasons unknown.

I think it's time for me to try something that I'm not entirely comfortable with...my motto has always been love like you've never been hurt before. But I am letting my past hurts determine my choices today...and it's been long enough, and I AM over the past hurts. I should try to let someone else into my life again instead of pushing them away...I'm going to try my best. I can't guarantee anything, no promises made, but I am willing to give it a shot.

Wish me luck....this is one of the scariest things I've ever done.

No comments: