Sunday, April 17, 2005

Keep it together

It's Sunday, and I am at work. Bah!

I won't get into the fact that I was SUPPOSED to come in yesterday, but as a result of my all-night gin/Jagrmeister party on Friday, I was unable to function well enough to get out of bed, let alone work.

So as a result of my stupidity, it's Sunday, and I have been here for almost 4 hours.

And I needed a break, so time to blog.

I leave for Cuba in 4 more sleeps. I am beside myself with stress over all of the things that I need to accomplish in the next 3.5 days. Laundry, pack, go to the bank, buy things that I need for my trip (sunscreen, another pair of flip-flops to add to the 10 pair I already have, hairspray, etc.), visit my family, spend time with the boy, get all these deadlines met at work. AHHH!!

I know that everyone says that the stress of all this is going to make my trip all that much better, but seriously...it's going to take me 5 days to unwind, and then it will almost be time to come home again, wherein I will more than likely need another vacation!

Oh, well. I am NOT thinking about work once when I am gone. I refuse. I have been giving them the majority of my life and a lot of my free time the past 2 months, and I need a break before I go postal and kill someone. It better stay together when I am gone, cuz if I come back to utter chaos, I swear, I will go mentally insane like Jim Carrey pretended to do in Ace Venture - Pet Detective. Complete with pink tutu.

Anyways......so, yeah, I'm totally swamped, and am stressing over the lack of attention I am getting from the boy. I know he's into me, but he's very hot & cold when it comes to spending time with me. Maybe me being gone for a week with the possibility of flirting with hot Cuban men will bring him back up to speed in the "me" department. I fucking hope so. Cuz all of this analyzing I'm doing is killing me. I guess I could just out and say, "Hey, what's the deal? You want this or not?"......but I am not one for confrontation. I'm seeing him tomorrow for the first time in almost a week so we'll see how he is. Most people would be sucking their love interest's ass before they embark on a week of all-inclusive beach debauchery.....let's hope he's one of those people.

Alright, alright....back to work. These piles of paper are not getting any smaller. And I am not getting any saner.

4 more sleeps, 4 more sleeps, 4 more sleeps.......

No comments: