Thursday, April 07, 2005

Sing it with me "Sometimes I HATE being a girl"...aka Overanalyze THIS!

The giddy stage has been temporarily put on hold. Why, you ask? Because I am a goddamn PMS'ing female and I said it has to be!! M'kay??

Here's the scoop....things with the new guy had been making incredible strides. We've talked every day since we met, he's met my closest friends and my 2 brothers. We had a few sleepovers last week (pretty much spent the entire week together)...hell, he even gave me a toothbrush to leave at his place. Sounds all schmoopy and sappy and gross, no?

Yeah, well, let me tell ya...PMS hits me and I am out of control. Overrun with emotions. My uterus has kicked it into high gear and is willing me to self destruct on this relationship. I start doubting everything about anything.

Questions run through my head, like: 'Why have we not seen each other in 5 days?' 'Why are our e-mails not as flirty anymore?' 'Why are you not devoting every waking second to ME?'

Yeah, I know....I sound crazy. But, I haven't let him in on it at all, so no worries. And for the record, I really am NOT crazy. My uterus, however, is.

So I went all week thinking to myself that I am losing my mind, overanalyzing every word from every phone call, every word from every e-mail. And for what reason? He's given me no reason to do so...he still writes every day, calls me every day, has said yes to plans for next week. But I can still manage to find SOMETHING to make me wonder.

My friends have been the only thing to keep my relatively sane. They've given me good advice:

- you're his girlfriend now, he doesn't have to try as hard to win you over
- he's super busy at work, he even told you that
- chill the fuck out!!

And my favorite piece of advice from the week:
First of all take a breather - gather yourself and then get MAD at your F#$#%^g uterus and beat yourself in the belly!
Punch and punch and punch right below the belly button until all your frustrations are gone.
Never mind the looks people will give you - go to town and you will feel 100% better.
p.s remember to pull your head out of your arse before you begin hitting yourself or you will give yourself a concussion!


Thank you, my dear girlfriends, for listening to my insane nattering about nothing at all. I'm there for you, too, in times of need, when hormones are on that crazy rollercoaster ride to Crazyville!

I'm hoping estrogen levels will return to manageable levels sometime later today. Because, quite frankly, this is ridiculous.

No comments: