Saturday, July 23, 2005

Affection overload

After dating a guy who had no clue as to what showing affection meant, it's been very nice to spend some time with someone who knows how to make a girl feel wanted.

From kissing (in public no less!!), to hugging, hand holding, cuddling, secret looks across a crowded room, a hand on the small of my back as he walks by.....I tell ya, it's like a little piece of heaven. I was starved for this sort of thing, and now I am getting it...lots of it. And I am loving every minute of it.

Simple ways to make me happy: Grab me and pull me onto your lap when we're sitting on your balcony having that one last cigarette before we call it a night. Pick me up and carry me to your bed. Reach for me as soon as you wake up in the morning. Put your hand on my leg when you're driving me home. Call me later that day to see how I'm feeling after that one last glass of wine that I just HAD to have the night before. Kiss me like you mean it. Look for me across the crowded bar and wink at me when you catch my eye. Tell me how you had to come back to the bar the night we ran into each other, because you couldn't leave it to chance that you didn't have my number. Have your best friend sit with me and tell me how much you've been talking about me for the past week. Say "have a good night, sweetheart" at the end of our conversation. Call me hours before we're to meet to make sure that we're still on. Make me stand on a curb so that I'm the same height as you before you move in to kiss me. Pick up my cat and snuggle her and really like it. Let me hear from your friends that you talk about me all the time, and that when you do, you speak very highly of me. Let me know that I'll be missed when you leave on vacation for 2 weeks. Call me to vent about troubles that you're having at work. Sneak to the bathroom to call and tell me that party you're at is lame and you wish you were out with me. Tell me you want this to go somewhere. Just be you.

No comments: