Holy god. I survived Stampede. For those of you who don't know, the Calgary Stampede, when you work downtown in the oil & gas business, means 10 straight days of heavy drinking. I made it through, and I only had to sit out one day. I am a trooper. Some might refer to me as a borderline alcoholic, but I prefer trooper.
There were many late nights, lots of early mornings that I didn't think I would pull through, lots of free beverages, and many taxi rides. My poor cowboy hat took a beating, and my feet are still sore from all the standing around in beer tents.
But, fun times were had by all....many fond memories, lots of crazy drunk pictures. It's been hard getting back in the swing of things...sitting at my desk all day, not drinking champagne and OJ at breakfast, having to do my hair every day instead of just throwing on my cowboy hat, not being able to wear jeans every day.
Sigh.....Stampede 2005, you'll be missed.
But only 362 more days until we meet again.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment