I've been pretty good at handling all that life has thrown at me over the past few months...crazy work schedule, no social life as a result, car problems. I've had a few minor meltdowns, but I've managed to power through it all with a smile on my face (for the most part).
Friday was my first day off in nearly 3 months. I got up at around 9, decided to go for a run to start my day, and then complete my errands before a big night out - celebrating a very good friend's birthday, and watching the boy rock out.
Off I go on my run, feeling pretty good, realizing that I am finally back on a good exercise routine, and that I am going to be in not bad shape come bathing suit season. I go to cross the street to avoid some sketchy drunk (how does one survive being drunk that early in the morning?) and as I'm jumping on the curb, a sharp pain shoots through my left ankle and I go down, hard, scraping my knees and feeling like a complete and utter moron.
Turns out, I wasn't completely on the freaking curb. I hyperextended my ankle and rolled it at the same time. It hurt like a mother, and it took me a few minutes of sitting on the curb to get it together. I rolled it around a few times, the initial sting started to go away, I stood up on it, didn't feel so bad. So, what do I do? Did I turn around and go back the five blocks that I've come?(FIVE BLOCKS. THIS HAPPENED FIVE BLOCKS FROM HOME!!). Nope. I continued on with my jog. Then, I went and ran all of my errands. After about 4 hours of walking around, I finally got home, sat down, and my ankle promptly swelled up to the size of a grapefruit.
I took pretty good care of it all weekend, only stayed at the wedding we were invited to for a few hours as I was in so much pain, and all day Sunday I was on the couch, ankle wrapped and iced and elevated with the Boy taking care of me.
I went to my chiro/physio guy this morning (only because my mom and the Boy insisted, I am too stubborn to get it checked out on my own), and I am going for x-rays this afternoon. He thinks I may have torn my talofibular ligament. Super. Also, no running for about five weeks.
So I'm on crutches for the next 5-7 days, I can't run, my ankle hurts, and I feel like a lump because the extent of my exercise consists of hobbling to the bathroom at home, or to the printer at work. Other than that, it's all crutches, all the time, baby.
Oh, right, almost forgot...if one more person asks me what happened, they will promptly be at the receiving end of Death By Crutch. I'm just sayin'.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Very nice site!
list of companies recruiting software test enginee11 auto insurance companies management market vehicle business dental health insurance small microsoft training 2b pdf audio mastering software credit report
Post a Comment