Thursday, June 30, 2005

I am so far gone

Seriously. It's ridiculous. It's best said in the lyrics to "Falling in Love Again":


It’s been so long now
Since I gave up my heart
I’ve kept it locked down
I don’t wanna get it harmed
So let me tell you now
I just want to be sure
That you won’t hurt me
Can you promise me that
Because I’m falling in love again
Ain’t nothing I can do
Falling in love again
Girl (boy) this time it’s with you
When I fall
It’s always the same
And I’m so tired
Of playing this game
you gotta tell me
if you're going to break my heart
cause I don't want to take a chance
and if it ain't true
all it's gonna be is nothing but a poor romance
so give me that promise to hold on
and I'll never let you go
I gotta have something to go on
oh let me know now
OK, so I'm not exactly falling in love quite yet, but I fall fast and hard as a rule. It's because I'm such a passionate person...I jump in with both feet every time. I try my hardest not to, but most times it's unavoidable. And I wouldn't have it any other way...my motto has always been 'Love like you've never been hurt'. Yes, I have been hurt many times before, but I don't hold that against anyone new in my life. They have had no part in that past hurt, so why let it dictate how I act towards them?
I digress...the point today is that I have met someone who has really thrown me for a loop. He is so unlike anyone I have ever been attracted to before...yet we get along better already than most guys I've dated for months at a time. He gets me, it seems.....we laugh our asses off every time we talk to each other, and we can talk for days. He's got a little bit of that badass side to him, which as you know I quite seem to like most of the time. He's super affectionate with me, as I am with him...and I cannot seem to get enough of him.
That scares me, quite frankly, because I hate that whole loss of control feeling, but what is the point of holding back. This might be the one shot that I get to really bowl him over, and I'm going for it, hell bent for leather (btw - does anyone know the meaning of that stupid saying?).
If I get hurt, I get hurt. I'll pick myself up, brush myself off, and learn from it, once again. If things work out, then it's cool...really cool.

No comments: