Sunday, June 26, 2005

Relaxation

I managed to get my time alone this weekend. Spending a whole day on the couch Saturday, all by myself, was exactly what I needed. The hangover that accompanied me... I could have gone without that, but that's OK. A good hangover is a sign of a good night. And I had a doozy.

I managed to not even make it into work at all, I did nothing around the house. I dozed on and off, watched about 4 movies, and consumed as many liquids as humanly possible. It was fantastic. Sure, it has left me running around today trying to get things done, but that's OK.

Right now I'm chilling with some John Mayer on in the background, drinking some good ol' blueberry green tea, thinking about the work that I have to do before I can rest my tired body again. So instead of getting my work done, I choose to blog....I don't really have much to write about, but I felt the need to just write, so here I am. Yes, I know....boring. Suck it up.

I am pretty happy right now. No particular reason, I just like the way my life is. I am sticking up for myself when needed, work is going well, I finally feel like my life has some sort of direction for the first time in a long time. I am strong, happy and loving every minute of it.

***********************************************************************************

My phone rang at about 3:30 on Friday afternoon....lo and behold, the ex, calling me for the 4th or 5th time in not quite as many days. I didn't answer....I did, however, call him back a few hours later....partly out of habit, partly because I wanted the chance to stick it to him. He asked me to meet him for a drink, and I happily told him that no, I couldn't, as I was heading down for a co-worker's birthday celebration right away. He asked if I would be busy all night, and I said, actually, yes, I'm meeting someone for drinks afterwards. We left it at that and said our goodbyes. I hung up and chuckled to myself. Sure, it might sound a bit immature, but I got a good feeling knowing that he was probably just calling for a booty call, and I was busy and didn't jump like I always used to when we were together. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. How does it feel to be on the other end now? hehe.

***********************************************************************************

You know what's great? Meeting someone that you just have a really amazing connection with, even at the very beginning. I was thinking about that the other day, how some people can just get you. I really like it when people get me...from friends, potential lovers, co-workers. It's a cool feeling to have someone appreciate you as a person and understand what makes you tick. Connections like that don't come around every day, and I am learning to appreciate them more and more. Now you know.

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

I'm happy that all is going well for you right now! Sorry I am a 'laxed e-friend.
Lois Lane

Lois Lane said...

Finally added your link to my blog. Sorry I am a slacker! :)
Lois Lane