You know that commercial when the girl is on the sidewalk, screaming hysterically...all because she saw her first fall leaf on the ground? That's me...
I hate the changing of seasons, from summer to fall. It means coldness, and snow, and dark morning, dark afternoons. It means no more sandals, no more tank tops, and saddest of all...no more beers on the patio. This summer has just flown by, without even having a real chance to enjoy it. It's sad.
I guess the beginning of fall is KIND of fun...that new crisp feeling in the air. Going for walks outside in the piles of leaves, the coolness making your cheeks all rosy red. The thought of having someone to cuddle up with under a blanket on a cool night to watch movies. Wood crackling in the fireplace. Christmas right around the corner. Wearing your favorite big comfy sweater.
Hmmm...now that I think of it, fall is not quite that bad. There I go, being the eternal romantic optimist once again.
But I will miss summer more than I look forward to fall...especially summer romances! ;-)
Wednesday, September 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment