Monday, November 01, 2004

Passing the buck

Why is that when people are hurting or upset or angry or sad or whatever......they always try to put the blame on their feelings on someone else?

I know that in the past, i have done the same. I try not to....if I've screwed up, I normally try to admit it. Not always, but the majority of the time.

But why is that it that a lot of people cannot admit their own mistakes, and have to make it into someone else's fault. Some of the people that I know that show this type of behavior are mature, intelligent individuals. But put them in a situation where their pride has been hurt, or they don't like what's going on, and it becomes an immediate case of point the finger in the other direction.

I don't like it one bit. Now, I know that not all of us are perfect, but come on now. We're all adult enough to fess up and take ownership of our own downfalls, aren't we?

Your gal broke up with you? Ever think that maybe it was because of something YOU did?

You hurt someone's feelings? Ever think that maybe it WAS because of something YOU did or said?

Next time you are blamed for something, stop and take a moment to really THINK about it. Maybe it really was because of something that YOU did, and the blame lies nowhere else but with you. Just admit it. It's simple enough to do. Swallow your pride and suck it up.

If someone else really is at fault, then fine...you're allowed to say it. But only say it if it's really true. Don't go around bad-mouthing an innocent person just to make yourself look or feel better.
It will come back and bite you in the ass one day.

No comments: