It's Friday. Before the long weekend. I have 4 days off. And I'm feeling glum.
I'm PMS'ing, so that's a huge factor, I'm sure. But I really hate feeling like this. Nothing in particular brought it on, either.
I had a dialogue with myself last night, the whole "is this where I thought I would be at this point in my life?" The finer points of my conversation with myself:
- Why am I not even attempting to pursue what I want to do career-wise? I know I can do it, but I guess I'm just scared to step outside of my safe little box.
- Why is the guy I like so hard to decipher? Why was he all gung-ho at first but now, not so much? WTF? And why do I not broach the subject with him, point blank, instead of using barbed comments that he is obviously not picking up on?
- Even more confusing to me, why do I stick around if he is not treating me the same as he used to?
- Why did seeing my special nickname in a text message from an old love hit me as hard as it did?
- Why do I feel as if I am stuck in a rut right now?
- Why has MY Prince Charming not come to sweep me off my feet yet?
- What is it going to take to make me really, truly happy?
Ah, what a suck I am. Seriously. It's the long weekend, a good friend is coming to town for some much needed debauchery, spring is here, I have wicked awesome friends, I'm getting laid on a regular basis and he even calls every day. Shit....things could be a HELL of a lot worse. knock on wood.
Maybe this is all I needed...to express my feelings, get it all out, and move on. I feel much better already. Bring on the weekend!!
Friday, May 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment