Monday, May 23, 2005

It's a miracle!

Holy crap. The May long weekend is over, and here in Calgary, not a flake of snow has fallen, and it barely even rained. This has got to be a new record.

As far back as I can remember, camping on the May long always meant one thing....well, 3 actually......cold, wet and drunk. But this year it was sunny for the most part, and the temperature was even in the high teens. Fantastic.

Anyways, enough of my meteorology report. God, how boring was that?

The weekend was fantastic. The Greenday show rocked my world...they have really matured as a band, and they sounded wicked (yeah, that's right, we're bringing wicked back...spread the word). The man came with me, as well as one of my bestest friends, and we had a fantastic time. Then we met up with some more friends, one of whom was visiting from out of town, who quickly earned the Drunkest Girl in Calgary award.

The rest of my weekend was spent hanging with family and friends, chilling out, jogging, doing yoga, spending lots of time with the man (which in itself was a small miracle, more on that later).....it was one of the best 3 day-weekends I've had in a long time. I'm glad my pissy mood from last week disappeared, cuz I really enjoyed myself, and came to realize that life is not really THAT bad, even when I seem to think it is.

And the best part of it is....I still have one more day off! I'm getting my hair did, and helping my grandmother with some gardening. I want 4 days off EVERY weekend!

No comments: