Monday, January 24, 2005

Good plan

A good friend and I were talking last week how our minds just seem in overdrive lately. Thinking, pondering, worrying.....all the goddamn time!

We both just celebrated our 26th birthday, and maybe it's something about the age that makes you think ~ where is my life headed?

A few years back, we both thought we knew what the future held for us. Married life for one of us, and the possibility of it for the other.

And then things changed, we grew out of our current relationships, our life plans changed.

Now, there's just an air of uncertainty about everything. I find myself second guessing everything I do, everyone I meet. I play the what-if game a lot....what if that guy was THE ONE? Am I doing the right thing by staying in a job that makes me unhappy? Are the guys I get involved with just no good for me? Will I ever be able to settle down and have a family?

I don't like thinking like that at all. I don't want to be cynical and bitter at such a young age, but I can't seem to keep myself from it right now. I guess I'm just going through a phase - one where I am dealing with my past, while at the same time trying to move into my future.

I think I need to step back and deal with one at a time, and stop focusing on the future right now. Just live every day for the day, accept things as they are, and change things only if they are really that unacceptable and damaging.

Life is too short to always be reaching for what is not yet here.

No comments: