Phew. Feels good to admit that.
I only started watching the show earlier this year when my new roommate told me how good it was. So, I thought "Hey, why not?" and popped Season 1 into the DVD player. After Atchison the first 2 or 3 episodes, I was hooked like a trout on a rainy day.
We continued to watch the rest of the seasons....sometimes on hungover Sunday's we would watch up to 8 hours in a row, much to the chagrin of my then-boyfriend who said the theme song drove him nuts.
I fell in love with the characters, the story lines, the vulgarity, the sex, the fashion, New York City.
When said roommate packed up and moved, she also took her SATC DVD's with her. For the first little while I was OK, as they had started playing the show from the beginning on TBS. BUT, they only played 2 episodes, on Monday and Tuesday nights, and I always seemed to miss them.
So on my wish list for Christmas this year, I put that I wanted them all. I purchased Season 4 a few weeks before Christmas (it was the only one Walmart had in stock), then got Season 1 from my brother and Season 2 from a good friend. Along with a bunch of gift cards for movie-type stores with instructions to put them towards SATC. I was ecstatic.
So, as of this afternoon at lunch, I have all of them but Season 3. I am so excited I can barely stand it. I want to go home right now and hibernate til I watch all of them all over again!!
When my excellent friend/roommate/landlord was in town for Christmas, we spent 2 days total in bed, hungover, watching back to back episodes like we used to. Near the end of her trip, they released the second half of Season 6, and we watched all 8 episodes in one day. Plus all the little vignettes, deleted scenes, and alternate endings for the final episode of the show.
ANYWAYS, that was kinda boring.....let's move on....
I got to thinking on my way back from HMV, WHY do I love this show so much? I think I got it figured out:
My girlfriends and I actually do sit around and talk about sex...maybe not as much, or always as graphic as the characters on the show, but the girls know about the time I slept with the guy with the crooked penis, or the time another friend took a guy home from the bar and he was a dirty talker, or the guy with the ginormous penis.....I could go on.
Also, we can relate to the characters a lot. I, for example, am Carrie. I spend my money on things that I don't need and am always in debt, I try to give up smoking all the time, I kinda have a Mr. Big in my life who keeps coming back just when things are getting good again.
Other friends in the group can relate to Samantha, the crazed sexaholic who is so sure of herself; or to Miranda, the more uptight chick who is so into her job and her routine that it sometimes gets in her way; or to Charlotte, the good girl who is so into status and being proper.
I guess the whole point of this rambling is that the show is REALLY what women are like when guys aren't around. It hits the nail right on the head in most cases. Hell, I even know a lot of guys who watch it to learn a thing or two. And so they should...women might be a bit easier to understand, or you might pick up a few pointers?
OK, back to work now I guess. Only 3 more hours til I can go home and watch a few more episodes. I have a feeling I'm not going to get much done in the next few days.
I just wish I didn't have to watch it alone. It's just not the same. :O(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment