Monday, March 07, 2005

Bowlerama Baby!!

Well, we went for the good ol' Bowlfest on Friday night, and let me tell ya, it was quite the experience.

After heading down to the corporate watering hole, myself and 3 co-workers/good friends/drinking buddies headed back to one of our home's for a yummy healthy dinner that we hoped would make up for the drinks and greasy bowling alley food that was sure to follow.

About 8:30 we got on our way, picked up my younger bro, then headed to Mountain View Lanes. Driving up, there was the usual young teenage hoodlums hanging out in the parking lot smoking away. We parked, had a smoke of our own, then headed down the stairs into the unknown.

The wait was quite long, and we had to put our name on the waiting list (the league bowlers were out in full force) and then we headed to the bar to get some booze in an attempt to fit in with all of the other beer chugging bowlers. But, to our dismay, the bartender/fat old lady with a beard was out on her smoke break. So we headed out to have one more ourselves before our lane was ready, but not before a few comments were made about burning our clothes when we got home, not directly touching any surface, and being afraid to use the sketchy washroom.

Standing outside, a cab rolls up, and out of it pours another good friend/co-worker, greeting us loudly...a few hours of drinking under her belt already. Wish I had done the same. Once we had rounded up the wobbly newcomers, we set out on our bowling adventure.

Much fun ensued...many, many, MANY beers were drank (so much that after most people had left, one of the staff came over and asked if we had seriously drank all of these amongst our group of 12).

Highlight of the evening, for me and those who witnessed it:

Going up to bowl during my second game (we got stuck playing 5-pin as the leaguers would just not clear out the 10-pin lanes...boo!) I was being heckled by one of the guys...so I think, hey, if I just run a little bit up to the line, he won't be able to grab me and throw me off my game. Being a little cocky as I was winning at that point contributed to my downfall...literally. I make it up to the line and either trip/stumble, and hit the hardwood something fierce. Right on my knees. I was laughing so hard I could barely catch my breath...a few concerned parties came to make sure I was alright as I lay on the floor giggling for a good 2 minutes. I finally managed to drag my sore ass up, did a little curtsy, and continued on with my game.

Quite amusing...almost as funny as when another drunken friend sat down between frames, neglecting to notice that he was sitting right on a full plate of fries.

All said and done, good times were had by all...and I even managed to bowl a 151 on my first game. Sweeeet!

Note to self:
Next time, ensure to wear elastic-bottom sweatpants and either wolf-applique sweatshirt or free t-shirt that comes tucked in the case of beer. Oh, and a trucker hat.

1 comment:

Jason said...

hey! You're cool too!

You want the link.

E-mail me.

Cheers,

J.