Feeling a little under the weather, I was in bed fairly early last night. So when my phone started beeping at 11:00 to let me know I had a new text message, I was already kinda cheesed off. Then when I read it, I was downright fuming.
It was from a friend that sometimes can be a bit overbearing, and it went a little something like this:
"So Mark* has decided that he wants to meet your brother's ex, Karen*"
First off, let's get things straight. I know Mark, and if you seriously think that he has a chance with the gorgeous Karen, then there's something loose rattling around in your head.
Secondly, seeing as how he barely knows me, and has probably only seen a few pictures of Karen (that you, no doubt, have shown to many other people), where the hell does Mark get off saying that he has DECIDED that he's going to meet her? That to me comes across as pretty damn sexist...oh, look, a picture of a hot girl. I think I'm going to meet her. Who the fuck do you think you are?
Thirdly, my brother and Karen are back together and working things out, but you wouldn't know that, would you, because it has nothing to do with you? It's NONE. OF. YOUR. BUSINESS.
Fourthly, this is my family you're talking about here. That's MY BROTHER'S girl, and FYI, I love that girl as well. She's been around our family for 3 years. So maybe next time just think before you start spouting off after a few drinks. Not everything that comes out of your mouth is funny. Especially not when I'm sick and you wake me up for dumb shit like that.
OK, now I know that all probably comes across as kinda harsh, but it really rubbed me the wrong way last night, and obviously it still continues to bug me this morning. There's just so many things about it that are wrong.
* obviously, names have been changed
Friday, March 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment