Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Where the F are your goddamn manners?

I went to a movie with my brother last night...this has been our weekly ritual for about 7 years. Everyone knows that Tuesday night is my movie date with my bro.

Movies are my life...not only do we go every week, I rent movies all the time, I know which movies are coming out, who's in them, and I have a *slight* obsession with buying movies. Ok, maybe it's a little more than a slight obsession, but come on, now...it's always cool to have a bunch of movies on hand for those lazy weekends, right?

Anyways, back to my point.....we're sitting there, settling in to watch the always cool John Travolta in "Be Cool" (which, by the way, is not a cool movie) and these two teenagers behind us are talking up a storm. I let this go on for about 30 minutes, during which time I turn around more than once to give them the "shut up, please" look. Finally, I've had enough, and lean over the seat and ask then very politely "Can you please be quiet?"

The blissful silence lasted for about 10 minutes, at which point they started yakking again. And by yakking, I don't mean a quiet whisper...they were full on talking throughout the whole movie.

PEOPLE...this is considered RUDE. I didn't pay $13 to listen to your commentary about who is screwing who in your little social group, nor did I come to hear about how cool you think the Rock is with his afro. SHUT THE FUCK UP. If you feel the need to have a 2 hour conversation, wait til the movie comes out on DVD and then talk through it from your couch where you won't be pissing anyone else off. M'kay?

I was quite proud of myself for actually saying something...normally I would just sit there and take it, while stewing about it the whole time and ruining my movie-going experience, but I have finally decided to take a stand against the movie-talker types. It's just not cool. These kids need to learn some manners...actually, not jus kids. There are some pretty rude adults that commit the same offense as well.

Stay tuned for next time, when I rant about the movie theatre seat-kickers.

No comments: