1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Took part in a company takeover; fell in love with someone younger than me; lived on my very own; got into my very first car accident
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any last year…at least none that I remember. I did make a few for this year, and promptly broke 2 of them last night
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 4 friends; 3 co-workers…it’s all babies, all the time lately…my mom has even been asking me when I am going to give her grandbabies…um, should probably be in a relationship for that first, non?
4. Did anyone close to you die? My great aunt in Scotland (we miss you dearly, Jessie); a close family friend, Norman (hope you’re tending bar up there!!); a friend I had met through an ex (Dog, we miss you); and my best friend’s grandmother
5. What countries did you visit? The States, and that is all, as I worked way too damn much
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? True happiness, and someone special to share it with
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 15 – a very romantic, surprise dinner with man at the time; August 17 – Auntie Jessie passed away; August 21 – got my heart broken, but realize now that it wasn’t really all that bad; October 17 – my first meaningful encounter with someone who has really captured my heart; November 5 – being told that someone was in love with me; December 24 – saying goodbye for now to someone who is in love with me and who I love back with a fervor I’ve never felt before
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My promotion at work
9. What was your biggest failure? Not keeping in touch with family and friends most of the year; not saving money AT ALL; getting involved in a situation that should not ever have been because I know better
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Screwed up back; concussion; sprained ankle; pneumonia
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new Canon XTi Digital Rebel
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My family and friends for being so supportive while I worked my ass off
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My old company for ditching their efforts to start the new program a WEEK before it was due to begin…the project that a lot of us worked diligently on for the first 6 months of the year and gave up our lives for
14. Where did most of your money go? I have no idea. Actually, yes I do…shopping in frigging Houston
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? When I first heard I’d be working in Houston (but that only lasted for about the first 2 weeks); my new camera; being asked to be a bridesmaid in 2 very dear friends’ weddings this year
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? “Lips of an Angel” by Hinder – it has special meaning that I am not going to go into; “This Year’s Love” by David Grey – same as the first one; “I will Follow You Into the Dark” by Death Cab for Cutie – the ex learned how to play it for me on the guitar and did so on our one year anniversary…and then broke it off 6 days later; “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol – the lyrics kill me, and it applies to a lot of what’s going on in my life
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? A) happier B) thinner – 4 weeks of pneumonia does that to a person C) slightly richer, but not much
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Relaxing; talking to friends; keep better track of finances; look after myself
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Drinking, shopping
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Already did this…with my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? I did, very hard…still am…not sure what’s going on with it right now though, and that’s a very hard thing to deal with
22. How many one-night stands? Oh god, do I have to answer this? Ok, fine I will, but only because I promised I would be more honest in my blog…2…but they were with guys that I had previously dated for extended periods of time, so they weren’t really one night stands
23. What was your favorite TV program? Grey’s Anatomy; 24; How I Met Your Mother…watch it if you have not…it is priceless
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? The Red Tent; and Wilbur Smith’s Egyptian series
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Death Cab for Cutie
27. What did you want and get? My new camera; a promotion; a new attitude towards life
28. What did you want and not get? An actual relationship with the one that I love
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Oh frig…I have to pick one? I guess it would have to be Little Miss Sunshine
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28…on December 30th…we went rollerskating (yes, I said rollerskating, the old school, four wheel type) and then to the pub near my place…got too drunk, threw up in the bathroom, (so classy, I know, but I hadn’t had drinks in 3 weeks because of the whole pneumonia thing) and then went home
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less work
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? I stopped trying to be too trendy…I will never be, I am more of a casual, basics kinda girl
33. What kept you sane? My girls…and running…and sadly, drinking copious amounts of vino
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Too many to count…everything seems so sad these days
36. Who did you miss? Bird; Double J; BPM – every second that I wasn’t with him
37. Who was the best new person you met? Robinson…he is like a brother to me after 6 short months…the really annoying, fun to drink with brother
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Work is not life. Take more time for myself, appreciate the little things.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Ok, it doesn't sum up my year, but it's a song that has meaning to me right now, and I think it always will..."Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
We'll do it all
Everything On our own
We don't need
Anything Or anyone
If I lay here If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
I don't quite know
How to say How I feel
Those three words
Are said too much They're not enough
If I lay here If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's burstin’ into life
Let's waste time
Chasing cars Around our heads
Forget what we're told Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life
All that I am All that I ever was
It’s here in your perfect eyes
They're all I can see
I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things
Will never change for us at all
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, a banner year! I also think you might be my internet twin.
And Houston? Eek. Austin is so much better!
Post a Comment