Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Friends of a feather

I'm being all schmoopy today, thinking of the choices I make in my life, and the friends that are beside me as I make them.
Recently, I've made some doozies, and one friend in particular has been the one to reel me back in when I insist on continuing down the wrong path, even when she was the one to warn me against it at the very start. Without her, I would be much less of a person.

Dearest J,

You've seen me through some pretty rough situations in the time we've known one another, just as I have for you. You are both the angel on my shoulder, whispering in my ear to "not go there!", as well as the devil on the other side, egging me on to have just one more Jagerbomb and make out with that cute guy in the corner.

You have seen me laugh and laughed loudly along with me.
You have seen me cry and then helped me dry my tears.
You have seen me fall while pointing and laughing.
You have been the one to grab my hand and help me stand back up, time and time again.
You are the first one that I call when things go sideways, and you are the first one that I call when there's a need for the wheels to fall off.

We've been through boys who have not been even close to deserving of our giving natures, yet we stayed on just to make sure.
We've been through boys who have been deserving of our giving natures, if only for a short period of time.
We've raised our four-legged children together, even when we've wanted to beat them within an inch of their lives.
We've chatted incessantly for hours on end, and we've also sat in companionable silence for the same length of time.
We've convinced ourselves that we should have our own reality show, because there is just no way that anyone else can get into the kind of trouble that we do when we're together. It's not possible.

The past few months have been rough, mainly for you, only a little bit for me, but I feel like we've both grown so much because of it. Your words of advice when I get myself into situations that I know damn well I shouldn't...they don't go unheeded, even though most of the time it looks that way. One of my favorite things about you is that you are not afraid to tell me "I told you so" while wiping away my tears. Well, that and your ass.

Love you, missy!

Bananza!!

No comments: