Friday, November 23, 2007

It's part of my charm

It's Friday afternoon, I am burnt out, and am (im)patiently counting down the minutes until happy hour and cute boys. Also, it seems as if everyone else is doing this right now, so I'm jumping on the wagon!

Without further ado, a list of things, about me, that are odd/strange/kooky:

• I will not eat warm pizza. If I am out somewhere, and pizza is ordered, I will take a few pieces, throw them on a plate, and put them in the freezer until they have cooled off.
• I HATE having unpainted toenails. I cannot remember a time that I have ever worn them “naked”. It drives me absolutely bat-shit crazy.
• I am very superstitious about knocking on wood when bad thoughts cross through my mind. If there is no wood around, I will knock on my head. I guess maybe because sometimes it feel as if it’s hollow??
• I am like Rainman when it comes to remembering phone numbers. I can remember every phone number I’ve ever had, as well as most everyone else’s.
• Same goes for birthdays. If you’ve told me when your birthday is, I will not forget it.
• When I find myself eating McDonald’s French fries, I will only eat the “soft” ones…the ones that are kinda squishy to the touch and will bend when dipped. Also, I will not eat them unless they are dipped in McDonald’s sweet and sour sauce.
• I snort when I laugh. Quiet little ones if it’s only kind of funny, but full on, piggy snorts if I find something hilarious.
• I have naturally curly hair…really curly…and I straighten it. Every. Frigging. Day.
• I hate, hate, hate talking on the phone with people who I don’t know REALLY well. I would much rather e-mail or text you. However, those that I know really well, I will talk to for hours.
• I will not wear thong underwear. I continue to buy them in hopes that I’ll find a comfortable pair, but as of yet, no dice.
• I eat pickles almost every single day. The best ones I have had to date are from a little deli in the food court at Granville Island in Vancouver. Mmmmm.


I’m sure there’s more, but my brain is mush…and it’s still two hours til happy hour. Ugh.

Enjoy your weekends!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Have you tried the ones from ChiChi's in TD Centre? They're pretty good to my uneducated pickle palete. I like them cause I I can have one at lunch without being doomed to garlic pickle breath all afternoon.

Anonymous said...

When you're in My neck of the woods you have to go to Katz's deli on Houston St. The Pickles there are Great! There are also several fine Pickle packers who are crafting Great Pickles.

I am sold on the restorative Powers of Hot Showers, Fresh clothing, & cold pizza!

jo said...

oh you would hate my job then... i talk to people who i don't know much at all and don't even care to know all that well, all the time.

i have one of 'em minds that always remembers birthdays too. it's annoying. 'coz i want to forget. but i can't. and then i feel like i have to wish that person out of friendliness. but that no one really remembers mine.

Miss Pickle said...

Tara - I have tried them! They are really good...and lucky for me I work right upstairs so I can have them whenever I like!

wildbill - I'll have to try them! And yes...there is nothing better than cold pizza!

jo - I would totally hate it. I am kinda phone-phobic!